Translate

Thursday, August 24, 2006

My God - this baby look so miserable with Cochlear implants

I cannot believe when I see a parent who show off saying how wonderful surgery went successful, this parent only care about cochlear implants more than how this child feel - this child Nade look very sad and miserable - dont know what it going on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamescoats/sets/1491772/
(found by Betty)

Main photo - this child look sad, - I can see his face that do not want cochlear implants. if someone take a photo of him, he is not looking at the person or at the camera ... if i am taking body language assessment i could see he is rejecting the cochlear implants ... Nade look so angry. The parent or doctor put the cartoon of doctor (hoston) making it a joke but it is a sign that the DOCTOR or PARENT have power over Nade.

"Could they bandage it more?" The parent called "it" like a thing, and make it funny to them. I am not laughing - I damn feel sorry for this child. This is torture and he have to do it for next 18 years before he can get out of the control and take cochlear implants out.

"He's mad with us but still love his cars" - the parent knows he is angry with the parent for the decision of cochlear implants but the parent tense him - that is very cruel.

I cannot look any more of photos.

This cochlear implants must be stopped NOW!


@Copyright John Savva (2006) - please ask for permission before make copy or making any reference of any works of this site.
@Copyright for other person's work when I mention their name. You must ask their permission.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I dont know what ur talking about?My daughter came to me wanting a cochlear implant!You have no right to say that cochlear implants are wrong!Saying a lil boy looks so sad!!are you kidding me!YOU SHOULD ONLY PRINT STUFF THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT!!!!urbuckeye@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I would rather be able to hear than be deaf for the rest of my life, i've got nearly 80 percent hearing loss and i'm glad i can hear again.
All this rubbish that the deaf community are angry at cochlear implants is beyond me, think they need to move into the 21st century, the implants are here to stay, deal with it.